Dagny started ballet this fall and there was an option to sign up to perform in The Nutcracker, so Megan signed her up for it. She was a gingerbread girl and was so excited to be on a stage. Her parents gave her flowers the first night and she was beyond excited, as you can tell.
We were a little slow getting tickets, we didn't realize it would be so popular! Especially since they are doing four performances! Landon and Megan got tickets for opening night, their seats were pretty far back. Delwyn and I were planning to go on Friday night, but there were no spots with 2 seats together. So then Landon thought maybe I could go with them on Thursday, but there were no spots for 3 people either. Wow! So I just went by myself on Friday night and had a seat in the middle section on the aisle. It didn't bother me to go alone, there's not much chance for talking anyway. But we learned our lesson--next time get tickets ASAP!
The kids are on Christmas break now, so they were at my house today. Megan came to get Dagny ready and take her to Castle View High School where they are performing. Megan was telling me the directors were very specific in telling them exactly what brand and colors of make up to use.
Every performer is required to have a bun. There is a lot of hair spray on that head!
I have never been to a ballet performance before and I only knew the bare outline of the story. I was so impressed!! Landon told me they had the story typed up on the back of the program, so I didn't read up on it, just read the program when I got there. Ballet does a really good job of telling the story without speaking, I knew exactly what was happening. There were some talented dancers too, they did such a good job. Several girls got on their toes and it was just amazing. The entire program was excellent!
Because I was by myself, I overheard the people behind me talking. Someone asked who they came to watch and they said they didn't know anyone in the performance. They come every year as a Christmas tradition. That made a lot of sense as to why it was hard to get tickets. There must be a lot of people who do that, and I could see why. It was very well done, tickets are very reasonable, and the only other option is the Buell Theater, which is way uptown, parking is hard, and tickets are really expensive.
Landon was there to pick her up when it was over, so I got a quick picture of them.
The cutest, happiest gingerbread girl ever! It is so much fun to watch the people I love do all their activities. The future will be full of watching the grandkids do sports, music, and all the things. I just love that we all live close so we can be a big part of each other's lives. Great job Dagny!
No comments:
Post a Comment