A few weeks ago Dagny asked me why carolers never come to their house. I answered that I didn't know, and that I thought not very many people did that anymore. As I was thinking about it, I got the idea it would be fun to go caroling to their house and then they could come with us to a few other houses. I told Landon my idea, but we didn't tell the kids.
We made some treats to take with us. Denya and Lincoln made some caramel brownies.
We also made Rollo pretzel bites. It takes a lot of unwrapping Rollos!
Team work.
That's a lot of treats!
Dagny said, "This is exhausting!"
Ready to ring Landon's doorbell!
The kids were quite surprised to see us in our Santa hats. When we started singing, they got the biggest smiles on their faces and we when told them they were going caroling, they jumped up and down because they were so excited.
We went to the Bellums, the Pratts, and the Jamisons. When we were done, Lincoln cried because he wanted to do more. Megan suggested going to their neighbor, the kids play with Jameson. We went to Landon's first, planning to give them the treats we gave them, but Freya had gotten into them and ate them. What?? Bad dog! She doesn't usually get into food. I guess our treats were just too good to resist. So we went empty handed and just sang. It was still super fun.
Dagny and Lincoln were so, so sad that Freya ate their treats, so Landon came to get them some more. We were singing Christmas songs around the piano, so he stayed and sang for a few minutes. Ryan told me that one of things he misses most while at college is singing around the piano. That makes me heart so happy! I love to listen to my family singing! We have a lot of talented voices.
I think this is going to be my favorite memory from this year's Christmas. Dagny and Lincoln were just beaming when we finished singing, and then we let them take turns giving the treats. They would run to the car so excited to go to the next house. We sang, "Jingle Bells" or "Deck the Halls", and then "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Dangy and Lincoln picked the songs. It was such fun night, we might need to make this a new tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment