The traditional Christmas lineup. Little kids make Christmas so magical, but it's kind of fun having a grown up Christmas too. As you can see by the clock in the background, we slept in a little and then got ready. No hurrying going on around here.
There's a lot of presents under that tree! I get to go in first so I can take pictures as people come in, youngest to oldest means
Ryan is first. Air fryers are so popular. Reheating pizza is a whole new experience with an air fryer. It tastes just as good (or sometimes better!) than it did the first time. It bakes chicken nuggets and fries in about 10 minutes and makes them so crispy. Perfect for a college student.
Kade is next. He stops to check out his spot.
Here comes Britta and she and Kade do some happy dancing and jumping.
Denya is very excited about this weighted keyboard. It plays and sounds like a piano rather than a keyboard.
She was pretty eager to try it out right away.
A new shirt for Ryan.
Somebody played a trick on Denya and filled her stocking with Corn Nuts. Her least favorite food ever. Her face says it all.
She threw them across the room.
Corn Nuts anyone? A variety of flavors to choose from.
A big bottle of juice! And I see a pretty pink sweater in the background.
Ryan's new laptop is so fancy! It has a touchscreen and is pretty fast.
Looks like Britta will be making pizza soon. Pizza stones make a BIG difference, they make the crust the perfect amount of crispy ad never soggy.
I wonder if Delwyn will ever use this backpack? Maybe as a knitting bag when he goes out of town and takes his knitting.
I have needed a new rolling pin for a long time. The handles broke off years ago. I am making rolls today and can hardly wait to try it out!
A new set of pans has been on my wish list for awhile too. Lucky me, getting all the things I want.
We took a break and made a breakfast feast: Eggs, bacon, hash browns, and juice. Then it was time for presents! It took a some time to get all those gifts sorted.
We are finally all ready.
Since we go in for Christmas morning oldest to youngest, we open presents oldest to youngest. Delwyn is first!
A Utah State windbreaker from Britta and Kade! He was just saying the other day that he would like some Utah State apparel, so he got his wish!
I was super curious about this pizza shaped package! I opened it first and it was a clothes shaver. I have two sweaters that have started pilling, I definitely need this! Ryan gave me a microwave popcorn popper like Britta has and I was so excited! Denya gave me some earrings and a 3 month subscription to Book of the Month Club! They highlight 5 books each month and I get to chose one. I can hardly wait for January 1 to start this! I really got spoiled this year with such thoughtful gifts from everyone.
To :Denya, From: Ryan. This was the most unique gift ever! We all knew what it was except Denya and we could hardly wait for her to open it. We knew she would love it and were so excited to see her reaction.
A cat nativity set! She opened the baby Jesus cat first and look at her smile!
Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, and 3 wise men! Denya loves cats so what a perfect present! What a great idea Ryan!
Could this possibly be any cuter?? I love that one wise man has a ball of yarn and one has a mouse. How perfect for the baby Jesus cat.
Denya gave Britta this cute dress. I love the color!
We might be guilty of trying to turn Kade into a Colorado boy.
Britta's gift to Denya was a coupon stating that Britta will come to Salt Lake and go to a play with her. Denya LOVES plays, Britta could take them or leave them. Denya has been begging (not really begging, but trying hard to persuade) Britta into going to a play with her. Denya was so happy!
New waterproof shoes/boots for Ryan to help survive those cold and snowy winters in Logan.
Pickleball equipment. They have some already, but now they can invite friends to play with them and it's more fun with 4 people.
This gift is from Denya, Britta, and Kade and they can hardly wait to see his face when he opens it.
As you can see, he is pretty excited.
A weight lifting belt!
Ryan started lifting weights about a year ago and you would not believe how big his muscles are. His arms practically pop out of some of his shirts.
Of course he tried it on right away,
and showed us how to use it. Happy weight lifting Ryan!
I thought the gifts this year were exceptional. Lots of thought put into them and they were just perfect.
We had ham, cheesy potatoes, and rolls for dinner. A perfect Christmas with those I love most. Merry Christmas 2021!
No comments:
Post a Comment