Christmas Eve tradition to go see Christmas lights. It was fun to take Kade downtown Castle Rock. I love the way our town decorates and I love the big tree at Festival Park, but I didn't get a picture of it this year.
And of course we wouldn't miss the Bunker's light show. They have their lights set to a radio station and have several songs that the lights blink in rhythm. They have doing it for many years and it is always great.
So many lights and decorations!
Ryan could be famous for his hot chocolate! I don't know what he does that makes his different from mine, but it is so good! If he offers to make me some, I take him up on it every time!
We also read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures every Christmas Eve. We went around the circle with each person reading a verse. Britta mentioned how some years we talk about who we would be in the nativity story, so we did that. Britta said she would be Mary. She is at the time in her life when she will be a mother within the next few years. She is looking forward to that and the experience of nurturing a baby. Denya and I both would be angels. Denya loves to sing and I would love to be the one shouting the exciting news to the shepherds that baby Jesus was born.
Happy Christmas Eve 2021! I'm excited for tomorrow!
Off to bed now everyone, so that Santa can come!
No comments:
Post a Comment