It all started when Britta and Kade wanted to take Claire and Millie to Skate City. Kade loves to roller skate, and when he found out that Claire and Millie know how, he wanted to skate with them. When I told Austin about it he said, "Well, I want to come too!" and so it morphed into a family skating party.
It made a big difference in his confidence,
and by the end he was liking it a lot.
Maddie loved it from the beginning. I think she was excited to be able to skate like her sisters.
Landon and Denya skating and talking.
Denya gets fancy.
Kade showing the kids how to go backwards.
I was so happy Wade could come. He probably enjoyed skating the most when the kids were growing up. He has had to work so much he misses a lot of family events. I'm so thankful for his new job that has more normal hours and is easier to get time off. He said he hasn't been skating for probably almost 10 years and he loved having the opportunity to skate.
Dagny caught on pretty quick with Britta's help. It was nice to have so many adults to help the kids.
Millie inherited Claire's roller blades when she needed a bigger size. She has practiced a lot at home in their cul de sac and she is pretty good! She had fun skating with her Mom.
Claire's new roller blades light up. Fancy! It was easy to spot her with the lights. She can go really fast.
Maddie has the cutest smile. The skating sessions last for 2 hours and Maddie only took a couple of breaks.
This is the only picture I got of Austin. He was skating with Millie. It was fun to watch the parents skate with their kids. I held Emma for about the first hour and then she got tired and it was too noisy, so Austin took her to the car for a nap. What a nice thing for him to do so that Melissa could stay and skate.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to skate or not, I wasn't sure I could still do it. I finally decided to give it a try. Ha! I don't have the best balance anymore and my back is so stiff with arthritis, I had to hang on with Britta on one side and Kade on the other. I also did a couple of rounds with Maddie and her trainer. I don't think I'll be skating again, but it was sure fun to watch my family.
Wade and Denya.
The skating rink had a couple of games while we were there. This game people skated around while the music played and when it stopped, you went under a light. If they called the color you were under, you were out. Britta and Kade were still in when there were only a couple of people left. They dropped out because they wanted a kid to win. How thoughtful of them!
Family skating picture. Austin had already gone to the car with Emma, Kimberlea had to work, Calista and Everlee stayed home with Grandpa because they are too young. It was definitely a fun afternoon and we might have to make this a tradition every time Britta and Kade come to visit. I was so glad it turned into the whole family! I guess I have Austin to thank for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment