Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day


About a week ago, Megan wanted to know what my favorite flowers were and I said dahlias. The kids brought me some dahlia bulbs that I can plant in my flower beds. Megan had tried to order some fresh cut dahlias to give me for Mother's Day, but she couldn't find any. I haven't thought about it before, but  after she said that, I realized I don't think I have ever seen dahlias in a bouquet or a in a fresh flower arrangement. I do love them and plant a few every summer. I especially like the yellow ones, which is strange because I an not a fan of the color yellow.


Red carnations from Austin's family! One thing I love about carnations is that they stay nice for several days in a vase, longer than a week most of the time.


And some yummy chocolate!


On Friday we went to dinner at Guadalajara's and when we got home, this was on the table. I was quite surprised and eventually found out it was from Wade and Kimberlea. I feel very loved and quite spoiled.


Claire gave me this adorable picture she colored. She got so excited to write her name she forgot the a in Claire. I love all the X's and O's.


She also brought me a chocolate slush that she made along with the recipe so I can make it again. She is so loving and thoughtful!

Of course I always think of my mother on Mother's Day. She is my hero and best example of Christ-like living. I wish to be just like her. She is so kind, never speaks negatively about anyone, serves others whenever she can, loves her family and does so much to help everyone, she has a strong testimony, and is always happy and cheerful. She is hands down the best mother ever and I'm so blessed to have born to her. I don't have many pictures of us together, and I'm planning to take a couple this summer at the reunion. Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment