We took this pretty pink flowering basket to Blake.
While we were here, a Mom and her son came by with these yellow flowers. I said, "I don't think I know you, I'm Shanna." She said her name was Kelly and her son Josh used to work with Blake at Five Guys. I thanked her for coming and thanked her for remembering Blake. She said her son comes here occasionally and I was so touched to think that people still think of him almost four years later. He had such meaningful relationships with people, he was always sincere and genuine and people knew he really cared about them.
Britta and I stopped by the cemetery earlier this week. We put up this colorful pinwheel last month and it's been one of my favorite decorations. It is so pretty when a little breeze is blowing.
This cemetery is such a peaceful place. There are so many trees and there are always birds chirping.
I got this picture from social media. I'm proud and happy to be a Collins and I love the support Mom gets from Dad's brothers and sisters.
We had planned to grill and eat outside and use the fire pit. It was a little chilly, but we finally decided to just do it! Landon and Megan and the kids came over and joined us. We ate dinner in the house and then started up the charcoal. Dagny and Lincoln were super excited to roast marshmallows.
Roasting marshmallows takes a lot of patience and there was much laughter.
Dagny was all about eating the marshmallow and didn't even care about making it into a s'more.
It's a good thing humans never out grow roasting marshmallows!
Ryan's was perfect and I might have been a little jealous.
Roasting Starbursts is now a popular thing. They get so soft and gooey and just melt in your mouth. Denya first told us about them a few years ago at the Collins reunion.
Landon had never heard of roasting Starbursts and after he gave it a try, he agreed they are pretty amazing.
Of course Ryan had to catch something on fire. That's half the fun of it.
Blake gave me this fire pit one year for Christmas and I always think of him when we use it. I like to think that he is nearby watching us have fun with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment