Sunday, May 17, 2015

Seminary Graduation

 
 Tonight was seminary graduation for Blake, and Britta earned the Stake President's Award. A very happy evening for this proud Mom! The course of study for this year was the Doctrine & Covenants.
 
 
It's not easy to be at the church at 6:30 am for four school years. I grew up in Utah and had released time seminary. We took that time for granted as a break during the school day, and I'm ashamed to say I didn't pay attention as well as I should have. I think it means more when you have to sacrifice in order to attend. My kids have benefitted from seminary a lot more than I did. 
 
 
Blake and Britta have set a good example for Ryan to follow. 
 
 
It was really neat to have Grandma here for this special occasion.  
 
 
Britta has earned the Stake President's Award for the past two years, and has set a goal to earn it all  four years. To qualify, she had to memorize the 25 scripture mastery scriptures, have 90% attendance, memorize the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in order, and memorize the Articles of Faith. Her award is a leather bound copy of the book, "The Articles of Faith." I am very proud of both Blake and Britta!

No comments:

Post a Comment