Saturday, May 16, 2015

Blake and Sierra's Graduation Party

 
The Porras' family was having a graduation party for Sierra and they invited us to celebrate Blake's graduation with them. I was happy because I don't like to host parties. I worry too much--what if people don't have fun, what if nobody comes, what if we run out of food. I like attending parties, I just don't like hosting. I sent 25 invitations to out of town relatives, and about 50 to local friends and ward members. We had a taco bar and vegetable trays.
 
 
I ordered this cake from Sam's Club. It was a chocolate with a chocolate crème filling. It was yummy!
 
 
Sierra had her heart set on having s'mores outside in their fire pit. It has been very wet and rainy, so Nadezda found this great idea on Pinterest on how to do indoor s'mores. She got a garden planter, filled it with rocks, and put small cans of fuel in the middle. I thought she was brave, I'm not sure I would want an open flame in my house. Ryan did a great job of roasting his marshmallow!
 
 
Christian, Blake, and Josh had too much fun roasting marshmallows. Boys and fire are quite the combination.
 
 
 
Josh and Blake congratulate each other on graduating.
 
 
 We had a table set up in the entry way with a collage of pictures of Blake. We decided to put out his yearbook and let people sign it. Britta and Riley refused to smile.
 
 
 Mom arrived today and is staying for a week. Mom, Delwyn, and Wade enjoy some visiting. It was a fun party and Blake received many cards and well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment