Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dagny's Blessing Day

 
This beautiful baby girl was blessed today by her father and given the name of Dagny Palmer. Landon gave her a wonderful blessing. A couple of things I remember: he blessed her to love knowledge and to learn quickly, he blessed her to serve those around her, both in the church and outside, he blessed her to have her own family someday and to love them as much as her family loves her. 
 
 
Dagny had a fluffy dress and looked like a princess! Her parents dressed in pink to match her. 
 
 
I was thinking we could take pictures outside after church, but we got 5 inches of snow last night! Mother Nature needs to check her calendar--this is spring, not winter, but we all know how unpredictable Colorado weather can be.
 
 
Today is Mother's Day. What a great day to have a baby blessing! 
 
 
Proud grandparents! 
 
 
 We were going to take pictures after Sacrament Meeting, but Dagny was asleep. After church, the rest of the family had disappeared--I don't know if they were talking somewhere or had already headed home, so I wasn't able to get a group picture. We did find Blake and I was able to get this picture.
 
 
 Delwyn and I were coming home from Utah yesterday, so Delwyn had Blake get corsages for me, Megan, and Kimberlea for Mother's Day. How thoughtful! Blake wore pink to match. The priests all spoke in Sacrament Meeting about a Christ-like characteristic their mother's have. Blake talked about how I have love for everyone and he said I was his best friend. That made me so happy! His talk was great and I felt loved and special.
 
 
Landon and Megan made dinner for everyone and we ate at Wade's house. They made a roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots. It was delicious! 
 
 
They made these fruit kabobs that looked so fancy. Fruit is one of my favorite foods.
 
 
Megan made this cake, the flowers on top are real. It's almost too pretty to eat! I didn't know she had this talent. Their kids will have amazing birthday cakes. 
 
 
They also bought these cupcakes from Wal-Mart. The picture is turned sideways, but it is a flower.
 
What a wonderful Mother's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment