Saturday, December 6, 2014

Blake's 18th Birthday

 
I can't believe Blake is 18! Where have the years gone? I now have another grown up child! His birth was special to me because he was born in December and I thought a lot about the birth of Christ in the first few weeks after he was born. I remember rocking him and listening to Christmas music. It was one of my best Christmases. I also got to put him in a stocking. Delwyn's family has big knitted stockings and if you have a baby born in November or December you can put the baby in one of the stockings and take pictures. I have LOVED that and always hoped I would be able to do that with one of my babies. On baby number 5, I finally got to do it!
 
 
 
 Blake was very hard to shop for this year! He worked as a lifeguard this summer and made quite a bit of money. He buys his own clothes and shoes. He has all the latest electronic gadgets. He will probably be going on a mission soon and doesn't want something that will just be put in storage. He didn't have any ideas for gifts and I couldn't think of anything either. I finally decided to just give him cash. I wrapped up each bill up in a separate box, thinking I could trick him. He shook one box and said, "It's a note!" He shook another one and said, "It's a note! All my presents are notes!" So as soon as he opened the first box, he knew it was all money. So I guess the trick was on me.
 
 
 He did get some socks. Not very exciting, but needed and necessary.
 
 
 When Delwyn was growing up they had a tradition you always got some candy for your birthday, one box for yourself and one to share. Most of the time it was these orange sticks. The past few years they have been hard to find, so we have just chosen some candy the birthday person likes.  Landon found these orange sticks and bought them for me to give Blake.
 
 
Landon and Megan gave Blake this watch.
 
 
 
We went to Red Robin for dinner. Blake loves the freckled lemonade they have there. It's unlimited refills, and he had at least 4 glasses! I'm surprised he had any room left for a burger! 
 
 
 Eighteen candles is a lot! I almost bought the number candles, but decided Blake would like to blow out 18 candles and not just 2. It took Blake and Landon both to get them all lit.
 
 
 Happy Birthday Blake! Blow quick before that cake catches on fire!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment