Kimberlea suggested we host a surprise shower for Megan. It didn't take much planning and it was so much fun! I was glad she thought of it. She bought this sign to put out in the yard.
I made these cupcakes, French vanilla with pink lemonade frosting. It was a recipe I saw on Pinterest that I saw and have been wanting to try. They were so yummy!
Kimberlea found these baby blocks and we filled them with sweet tarts.
This was the gift table. Kimberlea made the "diaper cake". The top flower is a headband and the bottom flower is a tutu that Dagny can wear.
This is how the table looked. Quite festive! And quite delicious!
We had cute pink baby paper goods.
Megan and Landon arrive! She acted surprised. I learned later that Britta had accidentally spilled the beans and Megan actually knew about the shower.
Landon had told me earlier that he wished he could come to the shower. Several people that he hadn't seen for quite some time were coming, and Landon is a very social person who loves to talk. I told him it wouldn't matter if he wanted to come, everyone would be happy to see him, so he decided to stay. Kimberlea had a couple of games: The Price is Right with baby items, and a baby word scramble.
They got a lot of cute baby outfits.
This will be so warm for a Colorado winter!
Someone gave her chocolate. New mothers deserve a treat!
That is a big box of diapers!
Wade and Kimberlea gave them a baby monitor.
Another cute outfit!
A cat outfit from Joanne Given, one of my good friends.
After about four boxes of diapers, Megan started realizing how many they would be going through. The thought of all those diaper changes was not a happy one.
This big box is from Grandma Collins.
It was full of receiving blankets, a quilt, and this afghan.
Grandma Collins has a talent for sewing and quilting. She gives all her grandkids several blankets when they are expecting babies.
I knew Megan loves tutus, so I bought this cute dress.
I also made this minky blanket. It's not fancy, just two pieces of fabric sewed together, but minky is so soft! Megan was thinking she might want this blanket for herself!
Kimberlea bought these badges for us. Mine says "New Grandma" and Megan's says "Congratulations to Mom". We had a nice turn out and it was fun to chat with some friends I haven't seen in quite a while. I think we are ready for baby Dagny to arrive! I hope she comes soon!






















No comments:
Post a Comment