The library stopped having story time when Covid hit and hasn't started up again. That's one of the things I have missed most during Covid. I follow Castle Rock Families on Instagram and she posts fun things to do with kids. I saw on a post that Sudden Fiction (a local bookstore in downtown Castle Rock that I haven't been to) is having a story time at Festival Park today. I only have Dagny today, so I decided to take her. First, the kids got to make a bookmark.
Dagny made a ladybug and a crab on one side and put stickers on the back. The ladies read a couple of books and did some fingerplays. The Hokey Pokey was next, and
look who was on Castle Rock Families Instgram story!!! Of course I took a screenshot. Dagny was all in when it came to participating.
She's ready to put her foot in and shake it all about! It was such a fun story time!
Glacier Ice Cream is a somewhat new shop in downtown Castle Rock across the street from Festival Park. They had an ice cream cart at story time, so of course we got some. I had strawberry and Dagny had birthday cake.
There are a lot of cute places to sit at the park.
A little creek runs through the park. There are some walking trails, lots of rocks to climb on, and there are a couple of places to cross the creek. We decided to walk around and explore.
Dagny loved being queen of the rock!
She really wanted to wade in the water, and I've seen kids doing it before, so why not?
She was afraid her skirt would get wet, and she didn't dare to look at me. She kept her eyes on the water which was probably good, I wouldn't want her to fall down. She did give me a little wave.
And then she walked down the creek for a bit.
We spent over an hour walking on the rocks and playing around in the water. It was the perfect day, it was pleasant but not hot.
It was hard to find parking, so we parked at the library and walked to the park. On our way back to the care we passed a shop with these beautiful flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment