They have new beds in the cabins this year! They are cute and fit in perfectly with the decor. It was comfortable too!
The first night I was in charge of making sloppy joes. Denya is the only one in my family that is coming, and she won't be here until Friday night, so I had to enlist some help to cook.
Layce volunteered to do the dishes! Woo Hoo! Layce is the only one here from her family (parents and siblings are gone, Clay and the boys are here) so the two of us decided we needed to adopt each other since she doesn't have a mother up here and I don't have any kids.
I was also in charge of Friday breakfast. Good thing is everyone is so willing to jump in and help. Especially with the eggs. It stresses me out to cook scramble large batches of eggs because I'm afraid I'll get them too well done.
Lots of lizards around here! The kids love to catch them and play with them. Some are big,
and some are small. One for each hand!
I think he likes Harper. He just lays there and doesn't even try to get away.
Parker is ready for the pool!
Sy takes a ride on the flamingo,
while Wayden and Vanessa are floating buddies.
Fun Grandpa Troy swimming with Bexx.
Some people relax and visit while watching the swimmers.
Other sleep, Gordon that would be you.
We celebrated Mom's 80th birthday! Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!
Glenda had planned a catered dinner the first weekend of January for a family party, but Covid killed our plans. Gordon and Julie both got Covid in November, and Gordon was really sick. Could hardly get out of bed for 8 days and coughing felt like a sword fight was taking place in his lungs. Julie fell down their basement stairs and broke her ankle, which required surgery and a pin. Mom cancelled the party.
We sang "Happy Birthday" and had two different cakes, a German chocolate because that's her favorite, and a cherry swirl one. My Mom is my hero and I want to be just like her. We love you Mom and Grandma!!
When Denya got here on Friday night, she immediately said she had something in the car to show me. She was really excited and wanted me to walk out to her car right away. She made me close my eyes and then she turned me around in circles. I couldn't imagine what was in her car. I wondered if maybe it was Britta. She isn't coming this year because Noah Grosbeck is getting married and she is going to Idaho to be there when they come out of the temple. When I opened my eyes--surprise!!! An inflatable paddleboard!! I've been wanting one for days!!
Delwyn and Denya are a sneaky team! I was just so excited, and my face shows it!
Inflatable board are SO much easier to transport, and can be pumped up with a pump hooked to the car or manually pumped up at waters edge. I am ecstatic!
These floaties are so big, adults can have fun in them too.
Sisters and best friends, just floating around and relaxing while the kids are doing something else. You have to advantage of these moments.
Such a blast just floating and visiting. I loved every minute of it!
Playing games every night when it gets too dark to be outside. I think they were playing Golf.
This is a new dice game. It looked a little intense. Notice the looks of concentration on everyone's face.
So thrilled to get their picture taken.
Quinn and Raigen eating lunch. These cute grandkids make me wish mine were here. Wade usually comes, but he is starting a new job next week. Yahoo!
Troy doing what he does best, playing with his grandkids.
Gordon's family are fishers, but they didn't have much luck here.
Layce had this quilt and she wanted to know where it came from. I remember Steven having it when he was a kid and I'm pretty sure Mom made it. He has always loved cowboys and horses.
More fun floating around. These were really popular this year! I'm not sure who they belong to, but they got a lot of use.
Troy's family did Dutch oven cooking for dinner. He hasn't done it for a couple of years and I was excited to see get out the pans and light up the charcoal.
Denya and I went on a walk and we saw these pretty cactus.
Of course I was so excited to paddleboard! I just love doing it!I didn't get mine out and blow it up, I just used the ones Six Lakes had. I wanted Delwyn's help the first time I inflated it and I also thought I might need help getting it put away, but next summer you can be sure I will be using mine here!
The Collins reunion is one of the highlights of my summer. I sure love spending time with these people!
No comments:
Post a Comment