Friday, January 25, 2019

Day 7--Sail Day Back to Miami


On our last day, our towel creature also had a sweet thank you note.


There are 2 or 3 soft serve ice cream machines on the ship and you can make your own ice cream cone 24 hours a day!! This Collins family loves ice cream and some days we had several servings. They had strawberry a couple of times and that was my favorite. Yum!


We spent most of our last day relaxing in the sun and going on the water slides.


This was one of my most fun times. We would talk and laugh while we waited in line for our turn.


I have the best family!


We would get off and get right back in line to go again.


I loved every minute!



Some of the nights they had a Rare Find section on the menu. We had rabbit, ox tongue, and alligator fritters. I remember Dad and the boys eating rabbit when I was growing up, I don't know if I ever ate it, I can't remember. I'm not interested in any Rare Finds, I'll stick with regular appetizers. Tonight I had the Mango Cream Soup that Judi recommended. It tasted like yogurt and I liked it!


Troy has had alligator before so this wasn't something new for him.


Eat it up!!


Baked Alaska for dessert! Mine didn't have much strawberry-boo!! That's my favorite flavor


This is Arnold, he was our head waiter 3 times, I think. We just loved him! He was so friendly and personable. I wrote a little about him in an earlier post. We wanted a picture to remember him.


During dinner they had the head chef come out and they introduced us to him. He is in charge of approximately 8,000 meals a day!! Holy cow!! That is a lot of food!! He has over 100 chefs under him. What  job!! And he is fabulous at it!! The food is absolutely amazing!!


Before the waiters did their song and dance on the tables, they did a goodbye song to the tune of "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane;" but they changed the words a bit to a cruise ship goodbye. It was so sweet!


Then they did their dance to "Uptown Funk," and everybody loved it!!

There were no programs tonight other than the guitar man, piano man, and Rubber Duck band so everyone could go to their rooms and pack. We need to have our luggage, except for a carry on, out in the hall by 10 pm. The week has flown by. What an amazing time we have had!! Every minute has been packed with fun and laughter. What beautiful islands and what a great family to experience it with! I will always cherish this fabulous trip and the memories of being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment