This is Ryan's 5th year swimming with the Cruisers swim team. They start every meet with someone, (usually a coach or a young swimmer) singing the National Anthem while swimmers float down the lanes carrying the United States flag.
Ryan didn't go to many practices this summer, he said it was awkward to have your peers as your coach, and I agree, it probably is. I didn't care too much that he wasn't practicing, I just wanted him to have fun and keep swimming. This is Gabe Quintana, who has swam on the DC team with Ryan the past two years. He just graduated this spring and is coaching the Cruisers this summer.
Ryan swam mostly the 50, 100, and 200 freestyle, as well as the relays.
Ready to go!
Here he comes down the lane.
I don't know that much about form, but his looks great to me!
Up for a breath and ready to go again.
Getting ready for a relay. Michael Pratt is on the block and Gabe and Ryan are waiting for their turn. These three boys swim the relays together almost every meet. Sometimes John Katial is the other swimmer and sometimes its a boy from the younger age group.
I love Ryan's smile in this picture! He loves to swim and looks so happy!
Pictures from another meet towards the end of the season.
Ribbons are given for each race at each meet. Ryan always has a nice collection by the end of the season.
Medals are given at Championships for places 1-8 in each race. Ryan did great!
No comments:
Post a Comment