We are finally going swimming!! The beginning of the month was a little chilly, then Camille, Dagny, and Lincoln got pink eye, Lincoln had a sinus infection, and Melissa got strep throat!! My goodness! Those are winter sicknesses! I have been wanting to take the kids to Burgess Pool for a whole month!
Dagny and Lincoln are ready to go! While we were waiting for Melissa and her girls, I took this picture. I love the expressions on their faces! Lincoln is really growing up and is learning how to play with Dagny. They are so cute together!
We got there in the middle of a safety break/adult swim. One plus, it gives our sunscreen (Dagny and Lincoln call it sun cream-haha) time to soak in. Of course the kids broke into the snacks first thing because we had to wait.
I love this pool for little kids! There is a zero depth at the edge and it goes to 18 inches, I think, so it's not very deep and just right for younger kids. This little slide is my favorite! And the kid's too! They went on it a billion times!
Down she comes!
Millie's turn!
Lincoln loves to use his hands for support and let the rest of his body float.
Claire is getting really good at swimming. A couple of summers ago Melissa started teaching her how to swim. She puts her head in the water, kicks, and is learning the freestyle. She can go a good distance.
Taking a break and soaking up some sun. Dagny loves Claire and always wants to be with her and do whatever she does.
We stayed for 3 hours!! That's enough to make a girl tired, so Maddie had a little nap.
Lincoln loved these bubbling splashers!
They are so fun to slap!
Camille wanted Maddie to have a fun time, and she spent a lot of time playing with her. Sisters are the best!
Millie teaches Maddie about splashers.
This pool noodle isn't ours, but people at the pool are always willing to share. The kids had fun floating on it.
Such a fun day! I have memories of spending lots of summer days at the pool as a girl. The water is so relaxing and rejuvenating, the atmosphere is care free. They play music at this pool, and that adds to the mood. I want these kids to like the water and be good swimmers.
No comments:
Post a Comment