Britta and Ryan have two piano recitals each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Britta has become quite talented on the piano. She hears songs on the radio, finds them on you tube, figures out the chords and melody, and learns how to play them without a printed copy of the music. She knows how to add broken chords to hymns and it really embelllishes them. She is practicing one last time before we go to the recital. The kids don't like having their picture taken at the recital, so I took a couple at home. I wouldn't take their picture while they were actually performing because I know it would be a distraction, but they don't like to pose for a picture on Mrs. Stork's piano bench.
This is the piece she played, it is 22 pages long and takes about 14 minutes to play! It has three movements, and she has been working on it for just about a year. She started piano lessons when she was eight year old, and this fall she will have been playing for ten years! Wow!
Ryan is practicing his songs one last time.
Ryan has been taking piano lessons for six years. It comes easily for him and he progressed quickly. He loved it for the first few years and he practiced without being reminded. When he became a teenager, he lost some of his enthusiasm. I think music is one of his talents.
Ryan played "Gypsy Dance". It is a fast, peppy song, and there is one part that has a lot of staccato notes. I really liked this song and enjoyed hearing him practice it.
The kids did let me take a picture of them with Mrs. Stork.
They have both learned so much and enjoyed having her as a teacher. They always come home in a good mood after their lesson. She lives in our neighborhood, and it is great to have her so close. They can walk or ride their bikes, but I mostly drive them. Yes, they are spoiled.
I love music and feel that our home has been blessed through the years with spirit that music brings.


No comments:
Post a Comment