Sunday, April 17, 2016

April Snowstorm


The weathermen say that March and April are the snowiest months in Colorado. This year they are definitely right! Last month we had a big storm/blizzard with somewhere between 14-18 inches of snow, and very gusty winds that caused a lot of businesses to close. Now here we are a month later with another big storm! We got 14 inches this time. It wasn't as windy, so the impact was not quite as great, although the Douglas County High School prom was postponed and church was cancelled. It started snowing about 4 am on Saturday morning and didn't stop until about noon on Sunday.

 Church has only been cancelled 4 or 5 times in the 25 years we have lived here. We listened to the Priesthood session of General Conference since we missed it because Blair and his family were here. 

These are the garbage cans topped with snow. They are on the south side of the house.

  
Snow was also hanging off the edge of the roof on the south side of the house. I wouldn't want to be standing under that when it fell! 



This is the same side of the house from the front view. 


Blake was busy shoveling, 


while Delwyn cleaned off the cars. We have learned over the years to back the cars off the driveway and into the cul de sac to brush the snow off. That way the snow goes into the street instead of onto the driveway making more snow for us to shovel. 


 I took this picture from the front porch.


Even though they are teenagers, Britta and Ryan still enjoy playing in the snow. Ryan wanted Britta to bury him, so she did! 


All that was showing was his head! Sounds mighty cold to me! He just stood up and all the snow fell off. 


They made a snowman, he turned out so cute! 

I don't mind a big snowstorm when the family is all at home and we don't have to go anywhere. I do prefer them in the winter. By the time April comes, I am ready for spring and want to plant flowers. But this is Colorado, where the weather is never dependable, and I do love living here in spite of the crazy weather!

2 comments:

  1. Just as a reference...in Texas I was getting a sunburn this weekend.

    ReplyDelete