Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fall Kayaking

 
 This summer at scout camp, Ryan fell in love with kayaking. Delwyn was there as a leader and saw how much fun he had, so now that we are at the end of the summer and there are good clearance sales on summer items, we decided to buy two kayaks. We took them to Chatfield today to try them out.
 
 
I think I had the most fun of everyone. I definitely spent more time in one than the others. They were too busy swimming and relaxing. Everyone wanted to come. We are family of water lovers!

 
 Megan figured out how to paddle quickly.

 
 Landon really enjoyed the kayak.

 
 This was Kimberlea's first time to kayak. She and Wade had a race. I didn't see who won.

 
 Wade was pro, and he could go so fast! Those oars were really dipping through the water.
 
 
 We brought some water toys to play on while we were taking turns with the kayak.

 
 Wade and Blake played in the sand and made some dams and little rivers with this stream of water. It was a great day and I'm sure those kayaks will get well used next summer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment