Saturday, November 26, 2022

Decorating for Christmas



We always decorate for Christmas right after Thanksgiving. Delwyn got the tree put up and the girls and I pulled the branches apart. Why does this part always take so long?? Denya got a little crazy. I always warn people if they make faces, they are fair game for my blog! Ha.


We got some new decorations last year and I loved them so much I wanted to use them again this year. I always love red, it is the main Christmas color. We have some gold glittery reindeer and some gold sparkle ornaments to go with the red ornaments and poinsettias.


It's hard to see in the picture, but I am holding an oval shaped ornament. I learned that different shaped ornaments (rather than just round) make so much difference in how the tree looks. Decorating of any kind is not my thing, but my trees usually turn out nice enough.


These two college students had too much homework to help with the decorating,


so that left Britta and Kade to put the lights up outside. Kade jumped right up onto the roof and got to work.


Britta handed him the lights and extension cords.


Ta Da!! All done!!


They make a great team! They did a fabulous job and I was so grateful for their help!! 
I am in the Christmas spirit and am excited for the holidays!
 

Of course Ryan found some time to go for a motorcycle ride! 



No comments:

Post a Comment