Friday, October 21, 2022

Pumpkin Patch

I heard about Gilly's Pumpkin Patch last year, and then I saw more about it this year on social media. Christa Sheffield, who I knew when I was in Stake Primary, and her husband own it. Kimberlea also heard about it, so we decided to go together. The admission is free, and you can buy pumpkins and treats if you want to. Most pumpkin patches charge an admission fee, which is crazy to me, because you still have to buy the pumpkins and any food. There weren't a lot of pumpkins left, they've been open for a month and next weekend is the last day before they close, but I didn't care because I wasn't planning on buying any pumpkins anyway, I just wanted a fun place to take the kids during fall break.


This tire swing is by the parking lot, and the kids ran right to it first thing. 


Tire swings are so much fun, and almost every age group can enjoy it. It was hanging in a huge tree.


Dagny saw this cat and wanted to hold her. She was tame and she let Dagny scoop her right up. 


Dagny was in heaven! The cat was so relaxed and just laid in her arms.


Of course Lincoln wanted a turn too. Lincoln has loved cats for a long time and always says he wants a real one for his birthday and for Christmas. 


Eventually we made it to the entrance!


There were lots of fun things to do. The kids had fun balancing on these boards and then tipping them from side to side.


Lincoln gave me a friendly wave as they walked around the tire circle.


This was like a sandbox, but it was filled with corn kernels. I've never seen this before, but it was a blast to dig in it, especially with this digging toy.


Calista loved it too, and spent several minutes digging around in it.


Dagny wanted to buried, and Lincoln was happy to cover her up. The corn was pretty smooth and easy to pick up in your hands.


There were several go carts/bikes for kids to ride around a track.


The sand was pretty soft in some spots, making it had to pedal, but I gave them a little push when they got stuck, and they could get going again.


Everlee is too young to pedal, but she loved being pushed around by her Mom.


Calista can pedal, but you need really long legs to reach the pedals on this one, so Wade pushed her around. 


Calista was pretty interested in the face painting station, and wanted to check it out.


She held so still and even closed her eyes!


And she turned into a beautiful tiger!


Calista's turned out so cute that Dagny wanted to be the same thing. Such a cute smile!


These fun boards that you can stick your heads in are always fun. All the kids wanted to try it out.


Kimberlea bought a carmel apple and Everlee took a huge bite out of it.


Wade and Kimberlea brought their wagon and the girls were so happy to get in and go for a ride.


There was a display of painted pumpkins that were amazing.


This old truck with the pumpkins and was a perfect spot to take some fall photos. It was quite bright, making it a little tricky to get the kids to look at me.


Such cute kids! I loved spending a few hours at the pumpkin patch with them.


Dagny and Lincoln wanted to hold a pumpkin. Dagny chose a big one, and Lincoln picked the smallest one.


Time to get in the back of the truck and explore.


Lincoln pretended to take us around the pumpkin patch in the truck.



I was pretty interested in the controls in the truck: the gas gauge and the speedometer. It reminded me of some old cars up behind the hill at Grandpa and Grandma Collins' house that we played in when we were kids.


I bought two caramel apples and some cotton candy to take home and eat. I didn't want the kids getting all sticky because it was too hard to wash their hands. The apples were very tasty!
A great fall day at the pumpkin patch!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment