Thursday, October 20, 2022

Fall Break




Melissa's kids don't have the same fall break as us, but she invited us over one day to play with Maddie and Emma. Lincoln always loves legos and had fun building with them.


Maddie and Dagny spent a long time doing the scribble scrubbies. They are little animals with houses that you color with markers and then give them a bath in a little tub with a scrub brush. 


Melissa made cookies for us, yum! Claire and Millie came home from school, Millie started her homework right away, reading for 20 minutes. It was a fun day!


I took the kids to 7-11 for slurpees on Friday. The workers there love Lincoln (Landon takes his kids there quite often) and give him his drink for free. Then we went to Centennial Park.


This dinosaur always makes me think of Blake. We have a picture of him riding this dinosaur with one hand up in the air like he's bull riding. 


This park has a teeter totter. Not many parks have them anymore.


Lincoln is king of the hill!


Dagny has learned how to do the monkey bars! Yay! It takes so much upper body strength.


These kids were spinning on the merry go round for such a long time, I thought for sure they would be dizzy, but nope! They weren't!


Lincoln loved the big slide.


There is one of those free little neighborhood library boxes at the park. Dagny and Lincoln each picked a book, relaxed on the grass for a few minutes and did some reading. Of course I loved that! I love to see kids reading!
l

Then it was time to roll down the hill,


and climb on some rocks. Lots of outdoor fun today.


One day Lincoln pretended to have a jewelry store. He got some of my necklaces and got all set up.


He got SO excited when Dagny and I were customers and used some real dollar bills. Maybe he'll be a businessman someday!



Lincoln also made a hotel one day. Lincoln's Cool Hotel Aosme Posme.(Awesome Possum) today. Now with Room Srvs (Service).  I just love little kid spelling! And the room service part had me laughing so hard! How does he even know about these things??

I hope Dagny and Lincoln enjoyed their fall break and are recharged to go back to school!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment