Sunday, October 2, 2022

Conference Weekend in Utah Visiting Mom

It was so much fun to visit Mom in April that I wanted to come again, so we planned a trip for General Conference weekend. We left Thursday night around 5 pm and spent the night at a hotel in Rifle. We got to Roosevelt in the early afternoon.


Mom wanted all of us to go out to dinner Friday night, and Steven suggested The Hideout, a steak house out past Myton.


It was so much fun spending time together! Good food, good company, lots of talking and laughing.


I don't have many pictures of me with my wonderful Mom, so I wanted to get one.


Watching General Conference! I took some embroidery to work on and Mom was making a baby blanket.


I just love Mom's yard and all her flowers! After conference we went outside so I could check them out and enjoy them.


SOOO pretty! It's so neat that Mom still takes care of her yard, plants flowers, pulls weeds, and waters all by herself! I want to be just like her!

I took a few starts of some flowers that I liked the best to take home and plant in my flower bed. We made it home by about 8 pm and I took a flashlight and went outside and planted them. I didn't want them to get too dry if I waited until tomorrow. Hopefully they can get a good growth going before it gets too cold.


The time went by really fast and all too soon we were heading home. The leaves are changing and Vail pass was beautiful! I took a couple of pictures out the window.


 What an amazing world we live in!
Families are so important, and I'm glad we could make the trip out here, even if it was fast. Keeping close family ties is a priority for me. I enjoyed every minute! Sure love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment