Friday, July 1, 2022

Adrienne's Visit



Ryan's friend Adrienne came to visit July 1-5. Ryan has talked about her a lot and I was really looking forward to meeting her. Her Grandma taught her to make minky blankets and I was so impressed, because that fabric is hard to sew!!!! It is so stretchy! Adrienne knows that I have bought some minky blankets from Hannah Lewis, but I don't have one for myself, and she brought me one that she had made! I was speechless! This blanket is SO SO SOFT!! It is the softest minky I have ever touched! And she carried it all the way through the airport! Because it would have taken up all the room in her suitcase. I was so touched by her kindness.


Adrienne is an artist, and a few months ago Ryan showed me this picture she made on her computer. I loved it and of course it made me cry. Adrienne knew how much I loved it, so she had it printed and framed and brought it to me. Such a thoughtful gesture.


Ready for church. I follow in my Mom's footsteps of wanting to take pictures before church when people come to visit.


Adrienne kept saying how easy it is to sew with minky, and I really wanted to learn how, so she and Ryan went to Hobby Lobby and bought some minky for me to make a small blanket so she could teach me. And it was really easy! The minky I have used before has raised dots on it and seems much stretchier than this kind. This is softer and easier to sew with. The secret is using lots and lots of pins. I was happy with the way it turned out and glad that I now know how to sew with minky. Hobby Lobby is the only store around here that sells it and they don't have a very big selection. I'm going to have to stock up when I go to Utah.


Adrienne loves sunsets, and we could tell that this one on the Fourth of July was going to be really pretty, so we walked down to Front Street so we could see it better. And we were not disappointed. A bronco orange sunset for sure!


I hope Adrienne liked her visit to Colorado.


Ryan showed her around Castle Rock, they hiked the rock, went to the Aquarium, used the fire pit and made s'mores with Gavin, went on some motorcycle rides, did some shopping, she made us some really good waffles, she played with the grandkids and read them books, we played some cards, and they bought matching shirts at the Colorado store. It was fun having her here.


No comments:

Post a Comment