Thursday, July 21, 2022

Shanna Has a Stye and Also Gets Shingles


I'm falling apart!! In June I got a stye on my lower eyelid. It was really tender and hurt quite a bit. I tried to go to the Little Clinic and made an appointment on line, but when I got there, they were closed due to a staffing shortage. Ugh. I knew it was a stye and read online that sometimes they prescribe eye drops and sometimes they don't, so I just let it run it's course. It took a really long time to go completely away and I could feel a little bump for several weeks. I hope I never get one again, but if I do, I'll go to an eye doctor.


 Then in July I got shingles. What?? I had the first vaccine, but not the second. Delwyn had them a few weeks before Britta's wedding, and he was really miserable. His hurt and burned and itched and woke him up at night. His were on the back of his head. Mine were not as severe, maybe because I had the first vaccine. Mine mostly just itched. I went to the Little Clinic (this time I was successful and saw a doctor) and got a prescription and some cream to put on it. I hope this is the end of things happening to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment