Friday, July 22, 2022

North Pole


I wanted to do something really fun with the kids while Landon and Megan are in Scotland, and I love the North Pole, so that's where we went! The kids are the perfect age, they could still ride the little rides, but are tall enough for the big rides too. We had the BEST day!
This is a permanent icicle, some kind of nature phenomenon. It is really cold!


The motorcycles were one of the first rides we went on. The kids were so excited to ride a motorcycle by themselves, even if it was on a track. They have went with Landon on a few rides this summer, and motorcycles are a big thing in the Palmer family right now with Landon and Ryan doing a lot of riding.


Of course Dagny loved this pink motorcycle.


Dagny took this picture of Lincoln and I on the ornament ride. There is a Christmas tree and the ornaments go up and down depending on how much you pull on the bar.


Here is Dagny in her ornament. She went on several rides by herself and I was quite surprised because she is usually a little timid when it comes to trying new things.


Posing and climbing with the Christmas bear.


We walked by Santa's house and he was out for lunch. They were so disappointed! The sign said he would be back at 1 pm. We went on a few rides and the kids kept asking me what time it was. As soon as I said it was 1 o'clock, they insisted on hurrying right back to see him. The kids told Santa they had been good and gave him a few requests of things they want. They 
were so excited to see Santa and talk to him.


Lincoln was very excited to ride Rudolph!


Dagny was on Dancer. Riding the reindeer was a highlight. There wasn't a line at all, so we got off and right back on multiple times before they decided it was time to do something else.


So many different kinds of cars to ride on!


Dagny in the purple dinosaur.
We had brought a picnic with us, but the kids were having so much and loving everything so much, they didn't want to stop and eat. I finally had to insist that we take a food break. They both ate half of their sandwich and drank a lot of water and then wanted to go again. At least there was a lot of things to eat on the way home!


Waiting patiently to go on the next ride. 


These two really are lucky to have each other. They are so close in age and are best of friends most of the time.


Ready to go up!


We were walking around deciding what to do next when we saw Santa also walking around. Lincoln took off running and ran to meet him, and threw his arms around Santa. It was just the the cutest thing! I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get a video. He ran so fast, with the biggest smile, so excited. Lincoln really loves Santa.


A western ride, imitating horses with a saddle to sit in, that went up quite high and came down with a bump. There was not much of a line for this, so the kids went on it several times in a row.


Driving the boats.


I closed my eyes on the Tilt-a-Whirl, the kids insisted we ride again and told me keep my eyes open. Haha.


More fun. We got here around 11:30 and stayed until they closed at 5 pm.


I really was surprised at how daring Dagny was. I was shocked that she would raise her arms and not hold on at all.


We spent the last hour on the bigger rides. Their favorite was was the Space Shuttle. I didn't get many pictures since I rode with them. They also really liked these airplanes that you could control and go way out over the trees. Dagny could go by herself on that one, and I went with Lincoln.
It was such a fun day! So many fun Christmas themed things! They are already asking when we can go again!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment