Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Shanna's Birthday


Melissa and I went to Storytime at the library on Tuesday like we always do. Afterwards she said she had a quick errand to run before she came over, which isn't unusual. Sometimes she needs something from our Wal-Mart or from Target. She came back with Crumbl Cookies for my birthday, which is tomorrow, and I was SO surprised! We both love Crumbl Cookies, and I thought it was a great birthday present!


Funfetti sugar cookie, Reese's peanut butter cookie, caramel popcorn cookie, rocky road. They were all delicious, but I think I liked the caramel popcorn one best. When I first saw it, I didn't think it would be a very good combination, popcorn on a cookie?? Really?? But it was really good! I love sweet and salty, and caramel, so I shouldn't have been so surprised.


When we were in Utah last week, Denya gave me these two books for my birthday. Now that Dagny and Lincoln are in school, I have more time to read, and I have quite a long list of books that sound good. 


I have been wanting to make some more tricot pillowcases and when we were in Utah we stopped at the Fabric Mill. What an amazing store! I could have stayed in there all afternoon! We didn't have much time before our temple session, but I was able to get some tricot. It is hard to find in Colorado. Happy birthday present to myself!


Denya told me about this nail polish called Olive and June that is supposed to last 7 to 10 days. It is also easy to take off with regular nail polish remover. I love gel nails, but it is SO hard to get off and can wreck your nails. I  got some for Denya and Britta for Christmas and they both had good things to say about it, so I ordered a kit for myself. I can hardly wait to try it out.


Susan Bodily brought me a card and a balloon. She is the happiest, most cheerful person I know and she always make you feel important and cared about.


Nancy Brown brought me this plaque and a vase of sunflowers. I'm terrible at home decor and this will be so cute for Valentine's Day. She is one of my counselors and I just love her. She has the most contagious laugh.

I got a lot of birthday wishes on Facebook and also several texts wishing me a Happy 
Birthday. It was a great day and I feel very loved and cared about.

No comments:

Post a Comment