Covid finally caught us. Delwyn had the sniffles for a few days and he is scheduled to work overnight for a few days in Aurora coming up on January 30, so he went and got tested
Friday morning, January 21.On Saturday I watched Claire play basketball and Austin gave me a home test that the government is providing for free so that Delwyn could get faster results. I was watching Wade's kids at their house when he texted me that his results were positive. I was so very surprised! I expected him to be much sicker if he had Covid. We we planning to go to a surprise birthday party for Sherrie Chadderdon, and so we texted Keith we wouldn't be there since Delwyn had tested positive.
Late Saturday evening, I felt like I was getting a sore throat and on Sunday I had a bit of a runny nose. We stayed home and did Zoom church and none of the kids came over. It was a long day with no church and without our normal Sunday family dinner. Monday morning we decided that I should go for a test. It can take up to 48 hours to get results, but I was hoping mine would come quickly like Delwyn's did. I was pretty sure I had Covid too, since Delwyn had it and it's so contagious, but I kept thinking I should be sicker because there were so many severe cases in the beginning. I kept thinking about Gordon, he could barely get out of bed for 8 days and felt like a sword fight was happening in his lungs. I also thought about Mom and how tired she was. I had a hard time getting the fact into my head that we have been vaccinated and also had the booster, so it makes sense that we would have mild cases. I'm so very thankful for that.

New rules are that when you test positive, you only have to quarantine for 5 days, and then you must wear a mask for 5 days, so on Wednesday Delwyn was back at work. I still did not have my results back. We got two government issued Covid tests Tuesday night, but I didn't want to waste one of them when my results should be coming in anytime. Finally I couldn't stand it any longer and so I did one of the home tests. You are supposed to wait 15 minutes before reading the results, but within 3 minutes my test was showing two lines, which is positive. I really wasn't surprised. The home tests aren't as accurate as a lab test, but if you test positive, you most likely have it. It's when you test negative that the results have a bigger chance of being wrong

And of course 15 minutes later I got an email with my results: Positive. Calista and Everlee were throwing up, so Kimberlea stayed home with them on Monday. She ended up taking the rest of the week off since I couldn't watch them, and Landon just took his kids home after school everyday instead of bringing them here. I had a lot of free time.

Delwyn and I did this puzzle together,

and I did some sewing on a quilt I started several years ago. One of my goals is to get it finished this year. I also did a lot of reading and I went on a walk outside almost every day. A couple of days it was too cold. I felt like I wasn't very productive and just had fun. It did make me realize that I'm glad I watch the kids to give meaning and purpose to my life.
Several times during the week I still couldn't believe we really had Covid. I just felt like we should be much sicker. Before Covid, I would have went to church, to someone's house for a shower or other event, or shopping because my sore throat was just a mild annoyance, like a little scratch and I would have just went on with my normal life. I also had a metallic taste in my mouth which made me wonder if I was losing my sense of taste, which is a symptom of Covid, but I never did. By the weekend, I was out of quarantine and getting back to a normal life. I am so thankful we had mild cases, and I'm so thankful we didn't give it to any of the kids or grandkids. I didn't need to take a nap and I took some Sudafed twice for my stuffy nose is all. The world is so tired of you, Covid. Please go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment