We are starting a new tradition when we celebrate birthdays. Most of us love to chime, and it's a little sad that we only do it once a year, so we are going to chime, "Happy Birthday." I'm going to order a book that has fun kids songs in it and we can chime a few fun songs as well as the birthday song.
Delwyn found "Happy Birthday" on line and so we tried it out, and it sounded pretty good! I'm excited to start this new tradition!
Everlee is turning one on Wednesday! She's so cute with those little ponytails! We are celebrating today and then Kimberlea's family is coming on the weekend and they will have another birthday party then. Delwyn and I are going to Utah and we won't be here next weekend, so we are wishing Everlee happy birthday today.
Wade and Kimberlea brought this big present for her.
She was very slow and gentle getting it open.
It was some big building blocks and she was more interested in climbing and sitting on it than opening it and playing with it. She is a climber and is always getting on things, more so than I remember any other baby around here.
See what I mean? But it makes a good place to sit for opening more presents.
Grandpa and I gave her this Busy Sounds Farm Book. There is a story and it includes buttons to push that make the noises the farm animals say. Maddie was a big help in showing Calista how it works.
I think she likes it!
We also gave her this barn with 4 little animals that make noise when you squeeze them, a cow, horse, pig, and duck. Ryan had this when he was a baby and when I saw it, I just had to buy it because it was such a great memory. Everlee was too wiggly to get a picture, so I took a quick of one of Calista when she was playing with it.
Time for cake! She was very interested in the candle, and she had lots of cousins to help her blow it out.
She wasted no time in taking a bite! Smart girl!
She enjoyed every bite!
Everlee is a good eater and likes everything. She takes great naps (usually about 3 hours), loves baby dolls, and listening to books. Lincoln loves to play peek a boo with her, and the older cousins love to carry her around. She isn't walking yet, but walks on her knees and is pretty fast at it. She has nicknames of Evs and Evers. She has the darkest hair of all the grandkids. We love her so much and are so glad she is part of our family. Happy First Birthday Everlee!
No comments:
Post a Comment