Friday, April 30, 2021

Stomp Rockets


Delwyn found these stomp rockets out in the garage. I have no idea when I bought them or how long they've been out there. Probably a long time since they are for younger kids. I wasn't sure if we could do them in our yard or out in the cul-de-sac because I didn't how high they would go and I didn't want the rockets getting stuck in a tree. We went to Castle Rock Elementary to the field where I knew we would have a lot of open space.  Delwyn came with us in case we needed some engineering advice.


You stomp or jump on the pump or pedal (or whatever you call it) and the rocket flies up into the air. I was surprised how high it goes.


Dagny jumps with all her might!


Lincoln could hardly wait for us to pick up the rockets (it comes with 2) so he could have a turn.


He is ready to jump. These were really a lot of fun! The kids wanted me to stomp and see how high I could make it go. We played for almost an hour.


Of course they had to play on the playground for a bit.


I don't know what these things are called, but Dagny had a great time walking back and forth on them.


Lincoln does whatever Dagny does.


A fun spring afternoon! I have a feeling these stomp rockets will get a lot of use. They go really high, but it's pretty much straight up, so I think we can do them at home in the circle just fine.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment