Saturday, April 4, 2020

Ryan is 18!!


This boy is 18 and he and Delwyn got lunch from Tasty House to celebrate!


I'm sure he has lots of wishes today! Wishing that life could get back to normal so he could be celebrating with friends instead of just his parents for one. We should be at a swimming meet today too.  It is General Conference weekend, so 6 hours of church is how we are celebrating. The evening session is for everyone this time.


Ryan had guessed some of his presents, but one or two were a surprise. He thought these were plates by the way they felt, 


and he was right! He also got bowls and cups, and a waffle maker. He is going to think we are pushing him out of the house! We aren't, but there is a long list of things he will need for college life, so this is a perfect time to start collecting those things, right?


One of our favorite games to add to the college collection. Some fun game nights coming up, I'm sure.


This one was a surprise, even though he guessed shoes and I couldn't believe he guessed right, but he didn't know what kind of shoes and he got the biggest smile on his face when he saw them.


Rock climbing shoes!! Utah State has an inside rock climbing wall that students can climb for free, but they have to rent shoes. Britta took him when he went to visit her and he thought it was fun. Britta suggested this and it was a great idea!


So excited!


Ryan wanted a red velvet cake for his birthday. I have never seen a red velvet cake mix before, so I searched Pinterest. Red velvet is supposed to be a buttery, vanilla cake with just a hint of chocolate. It takes 2 ounces of red food coloring!! I didn't have that much, so it looked more chocolate than red. It was SO GOOD! It was moist and dense and rich. Of course anything with cream cheese frosting has got to be good, but the cake was quite divine! 
Denya face timed with us while he opened his presents and blew out the candles and that added some fun. Ryan was a little sad to celebrate without Wade. I think we have celebrated their birthdays together every year since Wade moved back to Colorado. It's always challenging to work around Wade's work schedule and now with the quarantine it's even more tricky. 
Happy Birthday Ryan! You're all grown up and we love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment