Sunday, February 3, 2019

Super Bowl Party!



For some people (like me), the Super Bowl is more about the food than the football, unless of course, the Broncos are playing. I am loyal to my team. Street tacos are a hot item right now and taco trucks are doing big business. When we were debarking from the cruise, Gordon told me his favorite food on the ship was the street tacos. What??! I didn't ever try them. They were at a stand and I saw them, but just never had one. Too much good food on that cruise. Anyway, I have been wanting to try them, so here we go! Street tacos are really small, only about 3 or 4 bites, and they don't have a lot of toppings so you can eat them easily while you are walking down the street.


We tried 2 different recipes, one for chicken and one for pork. The chicken was amazing, the pork was bland and didn't have much flavor. We bought street taco shells for the grandkids to have quesadillas and bought some mid size corn shells for the adults. We wanted a little bit bigger shell for us. 



All the toppings! I made Puppy Chow and Kimberlea made some S'more cookies that were so good!


The game watchers. This year it was the New England Patriots against the Los Angeles Rams. New England has won many times, so we wanted the Rams to win, but no luck. The game wasn't too exciting and the final score was 13-3. Maroon 5 was the halftime show, but I was so busy telling Austin about the cruise that I missed it!! But I heard it wasn't that good, they only sang one song and then some rappers finished out the show.

The following pictures show what those who weren't watching the game were busy doing.


Dagny loves to hold Calista.


Claire's mind was on the food. Smart girl!! It was really good!


Maddie loved the mozzarella sticks and she ate several.


Some baby time for Melissa. She loves to snuggle with Calista whenever she gets the chance.


Cousin time is such a fun time! Claire has Dagny's kindle and they are busy watching shows and playing games.

I'm not a big football fan, but I'm all for a chance to have my family over and eat good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment