Sunday, January 21, 2018

Snowstorm and Church is Cancelled


I team teach the Sunbeams and was gathering up some things for my lesson when I got a text from Landon that church was cancelled! I was so surprised! There isn't that much snow out there. There was some freezing drizzle last night before the snow, and I guess there is a layer of ice underneath the snow making the roads pretty slick.

The priesthood received texts saying church was cancelled, and because Delwyn is out of town, Landon wasn't sure if I would know, so he passed along the message. A few minutes later, Ryan got the word as well.


It was a pretty quiet day with just Ryan and I. Yes, he has a piece of candy handing out of his mouth and his eyes are closed. Sometimes trying to take a picture of a teenager is as hard as taking a picture of a wiggly two year old!  We played a few rounds of Monopoly Deal and Rummikub. I read my scripture blog daily assignment.

We were planning to go to Landon's for dinner since I don't have a stove, but if it's too snowy for church, then it's too snowy to be out and about. We made sausage and egg breakfast burritos in the electric frying pan and had leftover pizza.


About 4:30 the snow stopped, so Ryan and I went outside to shovel. I did the steps and unburied the Yukon, and Ryan did the driveway.


I am thankful for the snow and moisture we received today. It has been a pretty dry winter, and I like a snow day every now and then, especially when it's the weekend and nobody has to go anywhere. I am also thankful that I still have this kid at home. I'm not looking forward to being an empty nester!

No comments:

Post a Comment