Happy Birthday to me! We ordered new appliances on Black Friday weekend. We got the fridge right after Christmas, but the stove and dishwasher had to be ordered. They were supposed to be here right after the first of the year, then they got back ordered. My Goodness! I can't believe it took so long! But how nice they were delivered on my birthday! I have been wanting a double oven for a long time, and now I have one!
I am so, so grateful for dishwashers!! When Lowe's recycles old appliances, so we had them take the old fridge and dishwasher when they brought the new fridge, thinking we would have the new dishwasher in a week or so. Surprise! I have been doing dishes by hand for weeks! We have used a lot of paper plates and bowls, but there have been a ton to wash too. Delwyn is in Aurora for work and a launch. He works 12 hour shifts, so they put him up in a hotel. He'll be gone through the weekend, so it will be a a few days before I can cook or use the dishwasher. Delwyn has to do some modifications to be able to plug in the stove, and Lowe's charges an installation fee that is ridiculous for us to pay when he can do it very easily himself.
I invited everyone over for pizza and dessert. The girls love to sit together when they eat at my house.
We had jello cheesecake instead of birthday cake since I don't have an oven. Landon told me multiple times I was more than welcome to go to his house and use his stove. There are a lot of desserts I would pick over cake, so I chose one of them.
I gave strict instructions "No presents, please!" but Wade and Kimberlea brought me flowers and some Caramello candy. Chocolate and caramel is my favorite!
The girls always want a piggy back ride out to the car when they are ready to leave. I take Camille and Britta used to take Claire, so now Ryan gets the honor.
It used to be a little run around the yard and then to the car, but Ryan has started running around in the circle a little bit and they love it.
I talked to Denya and Mom on the phone, and this week in her email Britta posted a picture of her and her companion with a birthday banner. Her companion's Mom's birthday is the same day as mine!! It was the cutest thing and made me smile.
I talked to Denya and Mom on the phone, and this week in her email Britta posted a picture of her and her companion with a birthday banner. Her companion's Mom's birthday is the same day as mine!! It was the cutest thing and made me smile.
I have a wonderful family that fills my heart to overflowing, I am truly blessed! A wonderful birthday indeed!







No comments:
Post a Comment