This precious, sweet baby boy was blessed today and given the name of Lincoln Blake Palmer. Originally his name was Lincoln Palmer, but after Blake passed away Landon and Megan asked if it would be okay with us if they legally had his name changed to Lincoln Blake. We were so very touched by this sweet act. We are honored to have this grandson carry on Blake's name.
He was blessed by his dad, Landon Joseph Palmer. He was given a great blessing. One thing that stuck out to me was that he was blessed to love learning and to take advantage of educational opportunities.
Lincoln was all dressed up in a little tuxedo. He was simply adorable! The coat was a little slippery, so they took it off after the blessing.
I included this picture to show Lincoln's shoes! So fancy for a baby!
The happy parents with their cute baby boy on this special day!
Dagny was her usual busy self, running all over. She had a beautiful princess dress that really brought out her blue eyes.
The new family of four!
We had quite the night last night! Claire started throwing up about 10 pm, by morning Austin and Savannah were sick as well and weren't able to go to church. Wade was also sick during the night, but came to church long enough to stand in the circle. Claire insisted she could make it, so Melissa and the girls came but left early because Claire was tired and wanted to lay down. Britta was feeling nauseous, so she left as well.
I was very bitter early this morning. I thought to myself, "Really! After all we have been through this week, couldn't we just end on a happy note with this baby blessing?!" I had asked Shannon Mickelsen to take some pictures after the blessing. I wanted to get some quick family pictures while everyone was here. And Austin went through all the hassle to change his flight, and then he couldn't even be there! Megan had also planned a nice lunch and party. I was so disappointed!
Then the thought came to me to look for the positive, Landon's family wasn't sick and he could bless his son, I wasn't sick and neither was Delwyn, we could be there to witness the blessing. Megan's parents had flown in from California and they weren't sick either. Austin's family had a flight home at 6:00 pm, and they were able to make it without anyone throwing up on the plane. So I was angry for a few hours, then I was able to let it go.
This picture is those of us who made it to church and were there for the pictures. A very small group.
I'm glad Megan's parents could be here. This is the first time her Dad has seen these grandkids of his.
A tender mercy for me, this was Lincoln's best smile of the whole photo shoot, and I was the one holding him when it happened! I sure love being a grandmother!
A happy Grandpa on this special day.
Uncle Ryan isn't a fan of babies, he likes them when they are a little bigger and can play, but he agreed to a couple of pictures. I'm a little camera crazy right now because we realized we don't have any pictures of Blake with Lincoln. How did that happen?? I take pictures of everything!! Blake must have been working when Lincoln came home from the hospital, and I just never got a picture of them. Blake loved his nieces and nephew and held them and played with them a lot, so I guess I thought I would have plenty of photo opportunities.
Three generations of Palmer men! And they are all so handsome!
I am extra thankful right now for families and the blessings of the temple. So, so glad that we are all sealed together forever!









No comments:
Post a Comment