Sunday, September 25, 2016

Grandpa Turns a Year Older


Delwyn's favorite cake is this chocolate sour cream cake made from scratch that his Mother always made. It has fudge frosting that is absolutely delicious! It is made like fudge candy, not really frosting at all. It is boiled and then stirred vigorously until it sets up. I can't make it, it goes sugary or hard as a brick whenever I make it. Delwyn can do it, I have found a recipe that I call fake fudge frosting, and it tastes pretty close to the original thing.


Time for presents! These are all from Landon and Megan.


Some car blocking mats. Delwyn and Landon have been working on cars lately and Landon knows just what he needs to make it easier! 


A dremel tool. I see lots of cutting, grinding, and drilling in someone's future!


A throwback to Delwyn's past. They always got these when he was a kid, one box for yourself and one box to share. They are not always easy to find around here!


Delwyn has been wanting a map that shows where everyone in the family, including Grandpa Palmer and Blair, served their missions. Wade and Kimberlea made this one and Delwyn was pretty excited about it.


Delwyn got a power washer for his birthday and he has already had it out and played with it a little.
Britta told Delwyn she got him something really big and really expensive for his birthday and that she was using the power washer box to put it in. Drum roll....the curiosity is building!!


Surprise!! Who wouldn't want Britta for a present?! She is big and she is expensive! Clever, clever Britta!


A birthday hug for the best Dad ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment