Thursday, January 19, 2023

Shanna's Birthday


For my birthday I made these French Dip Sandwiches that Ryan learned how to make from Adrienne. I LOVE French Dips and I don't know why I've never tried/learned how to make them before now. Ryan made them for us during Christmas break and they are now my favorite meal! The meat is cooked in a crock pot,


and  Adrienne makes her own French bread for the rolls. It is so dang good too!! I'm never buying French bread again! This bread is pretty easy to make and is so soft and delicious.


Landon brought me this Berry Chantilly Cake from Whole Foods. Megan got a chocolate cake from there for Dagny's birthday and it was so rich and heavenly. I've never shopped at Whole Foods before.  Landon was telling me they have tried quite a few different kinds of cake from there and this one sounded so good to me. I told him I wanted to try it sometime and so he got it for me! It's a vanilla cake with cream cheese/mascarpone frosting with fruit on top and between the layers. It was really good!! It's a light cake that isn't too sweet.


Dagny and Lincoln sang "Happy Birthday " to me and we all blew out the candles.


Denya gave me these drinking glasses. Aren't they just too cute!! I especially love that mine has a bike rider since I enjoy biking so much.  And Delwyn is holding a football--so appropriate!


Wade and Kimberlea gave me this plant called a Bromeliad. It is so unique in that you pour water into the flower part and it trickles down, you aren't supposed to put water in the dirt. 


On Friday I went to lunch with Courtney, Tiffany, and Nancy to celebrate my birthday. We went to Yolanda's, one of my favorite places! I love their chicken tacos and their chips and queso. I love that we have stayed friends and go to lunch or for ice cream every few weeks even though we have been released from the Relief Society Presidency. I love these ladies!


 A random picture of me with another batch of French bread because it is good!! We had lasagna and I made this bread to go with it.

Happy Birthday to me!! Sixty-two great years of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment