Monday, August 22, 2022

Summer Random Fun With the Grandkids



I love the library and I love storytime! We usually go each week. Today the theme was camping, and they had a pretend fire and let the kids pretend to make s'mores.


They had sticks for all the kids.


Roasting their pretend marshmallows!


Her marshmallow is done and she's ready to eat it!


One of the librarians thought the kids were so cute, she asked if she could take a photo for the library website. That was kind of cool!


Best friends! They love to play under the neighbor's big tree. Sometimes they pretend to be squirrels, sometimes they take toys out, and we've had a picnic a couple of times too.

    
They always beg to take silly picture and I usually let them. I don't save them very often, but we need a few to see what real life is like with these crazy kids.


Ryan got his motorcycle license this summer, and Lincoln wanted to try on his helmet. I see another Palmer motorcycle rider in the future!


Dagny's turn. She even has her hands in the correct position.


Cousin snack time outside is the best!


Popcorn is one of their favorite snacks. Mine too!


This was the summer of forts. The kids wanted to make forts almost everyday. Sometimes they used chairs, or the kitchen table, or behind the couch. Lots of fun adventures in their forts kept them entertained for several hours.


Calista in her princess accessories. Dagny was her servant who helped her get dressed. Older cousins are the best!


Sprinkler under the tramp time! These kids love to pose.


I don't dare take Dagny, Lincoln, Calista, and Everlee to the pool by myself, too many little kids, so we spent a lot of time in the backyard playing with water. These water blasters took the fun to the next level.


Calista really liked the water table. Dumping, stirring, and fishing with all the toys.


All the summer fun!


Pretending to take naps.


Lincoln loves Everlee! He always lets her sit by him, he plays with her, and cheers her up when she is sad.


Dagny and Lincoln wanted to plant something, so I helped them plant sunflowers seeds in a cup and they took them home. I was so surprised when Lincoln brought his over
and wanted to plant it in the backyard! I never imagined it would grow so tall in a cup! We planted it in the flower bed and we'll see how it does.


Now that summer is here, Dagny and Lincoln are going to storytime at the library with us. They always want to climb on these structures by the front door.


Lincoln still loves storytime, and that makes me so happy. Our favorite storyteller is Mr. Brandon. He goes out of his way to talk to each of the kids individually, and he makes Lincoln feel so special.


Calista thinks this a good spot for reading!


Jaina, a girl from church, had a birthday party at the red park. They had water balloons, played on the playground, and ate cake. Then the kids climbed in the trees and had a blast.


Most of the trees at the red park are too tall and don't have low enough branches for climbing, but this one is perfect and the kids played for quite some time, even when the party ended.


Lincoln loves the babies! He always wants to help take care of Emma, and is so good to her.


These kids are so lucky to have each other, and I'm so happy that the cousins will grow up knowing each other and spending time together.


 Baby Emma is just the cutest! She is so happy and has the best smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment