My flowers did so well this summer! I don't think it was because of the bees, they mostly stayed on the side of the yard by their hive and didn't come into the back yard much. Maybe the flowers are finally getting established and growing well. This is a balloon flower.
A couple of years ago I planted some Stargazer lilies which are Blake's favorite, next to the rock with his name on it. They have been pretty spindly with only one flower, but this year they were so full and pretty.
Columbines are the Colorado state flower, and it comes in quite a few colors. This yellow is pale, but it is pretty.
I also have this burgundy colored Columbine that had a lot of flowers on this year. I have a purple Columbine too, which is probably my favorite color of Columbine.
I have four rose bushes in different colors that were all so gorgeous this year.
I've seen this bush in several yards around my neighborhood and I think the little flowers are just so cute! I finally got one for myself!
Most of the flowers in my backyard are perennials, but I love Verbena. I usually put them in flower pots, but I had some left over this year and so I just planted in the flower yard and they grew like crazy!
I love these orange lilies and wish they bloomed all summer instead of just a few weeks.
I really like Dianthus flowers. I've had this one a couple of years and it had a ton of flowers on this year.
I really like Cone Flowers. I have these red ones and also some yellow ones.
They really spread out this summer, which made me happy.
Dahlias are my very favorite flowers! I plant a couple every summer even though they are annuals. I like the solid colors, I don't care as much for the multi-colored ones. This one was in the back yard and I had a yellow one and a maroon one in the front yard.
Wade and Kimberlea gave me these dinner plate Dahlias and they were huge! The flowers are so heavy I had to tie them to a stick so they flop over. One day a huge butterfly was in the yard and I was lucky enough to get a picture.
Three years ago Wade and Kimberlea gave me a blackberry bush. Last year we only got a handful of berries and I threatened to dig it up if it didn't do better this year. It must have heard me, because it was loaded with berries this year!
We picked them every Sunday and got a pretty good bowlful each week. They are Austin's favorite berry, so I gave him some a couple of times, I made a blackberry cobbler, and I also made some jam. Yum!
I love having flower beds! They bring so much beauty and color to my yard. It's relaxing to water them, and I don't even mind weeding them. I look out the back window so many times every day and I just love all the flowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment