Six long years. What I wouldn't give for one of those big bear hugs after all this time. Wade and Kimberlea are helping LeaMarie and K move back to BYU-I, and Landon's kids are in school, so I don't have any kids today. Delwyn and I went to Safeway and bought this beautiful hydrangea to take to the cemetery. We also wanted some cosmic brownies, and it was a run around to find some. We went to three stores and finally got some at King Soopers. I guess everyone is buying them to put in their kid's school lunches or to take for a snack. We always take a picture of the back of his headstone since that part faces the road. Today I wanted the front side that has his picture on.
The back side is more in the shade and I also wanted a picture of the pinwheel.
Someone told me that the passage of time makes it a little easier, but that it never gets better. I miss you Blake!
The flowers were sooo beautiful!! We are planning to come and get them in a week or so and plant them in the backyard since it is a perennial.
Curt and Amy Bellum came over and brought this banana cake.
They also gave us this watercolor painting that Faith made,
along with this card. And of course it all made me cry buckets of tears. I love the Bellums and I am always touched when people remember Blake.
Delwyn, Ryan, and I went to Five Guys for dinner. The peanuts are always a fun part of the meal, and their fries are really good. I am always so full after eating here!
I wanted to make a card to put on the bulletin board, so this what I came up with.
I planted some Stargazer Lilies in the back yard and they were so pretty this year!
The headstone company gave us this stone when they found out that Garrett was misspelled on the temporary marker the cemetery puts out It was so touching to us, and we were so grateful for their kindness. When his headstone was finished, we brought this home to put in the backyard. I planted these lilies a year or two ago, and they are finally growing and blooming. I want to get a few more and think it will look so nice.

I was in Logan helping Ryan move back to Utah State and got these pictures from Nic Moser. He said that 8 years ago today on August 30, he went rock climbing with Blake and the other priests. This picture is Blake forging a parent's signature on the permission slip. We were on the phone saying it was okay.

I don't think I have any pictures of Blake rock climbing and I was so happy to get these.
Landon has really got into rock climbing and occasionally he takes Dagny and Lincoln. I was excited to show these pictures to him. Britta and Ryan rock climbed a lot Ryan's first year of college, but they go to the gym and lift weights most of the time now.
Two instances this week of people remembering Blake just really made me so happy to know that he is not forgotten. A tender mercy from Heavenly Father to prompt these people to reach out and help us through the hard days. So thankful for good friends. Love and miss you Blake!
No comments:
Post a Comment