It was so fun to go to the parade with Wade's family! Wade got a new job in June as an assistant property manager at Waterton Properties. He has a normal work schedule now and with only an occasional Saturday that he has to work, so now he can do all the fun weekend things. I didn't realize that this is Kimberlea's first time at the parade.
We were on a side street instead of Wilcox like we usually are and I didn't think I would like it as much, but it was actually a good spot. It wasn't as crowded and Calista got tons of candy because there weren't very many kids close to us.
And Everlee was full of happy smiles!
I love that parades start with the flag to remind us of this great country we live in. I am thankful for the American Legion and the veterans that serve for us.
Nothing like a band to get your adrenaline pumping and put you in a festive mood. The kilts are a bonus. I bet those drums are heavy! Or maybe not, just awkward to carry and be able to see where you are going.
Douglas County royalty. Those wreaths on the horses are beautiful!
It was overcast and a tad cool today which is perfect weather for a parade. Notice Calista is wearing a jacket. Not too chilly for a popsicle though. You can count on at least one group giving them out. They are the perfect thing on a hot summer day which is the usual parade weather.
The library is one of my favorite spots in town and I am happy they have a parade entry to promote reading and all the fun programs they have there.
I will always love the DC band.
Of course they played, "Hey Baby," but we love it and it never gets old.
Followed by the football team on their purple bus. Go DC!
This parade is for the county fair and rodeo, so a few 4-H groups are represented. These kids raised rabbits.
This is about as close to a float as it got in the parade this year. Nothing like the floats in the Utah Fourth of July parade. Cute cub scouts and their tent though.
This big balloon man was cool. I can't remember who they were--gymnastics or cheerleading maybe?
Not quite as many entries as in years past. No Shriners on their little motorcycles and go carts, no Pueblo band, no Mexican dancers, hardly any floats. Covid is probably to blame. I was just happy there was a parade this year and happy Wade's family could come so it wasn't just us. Lincoln had karate this morning and Emma is pretty little to take out and about. I love this town that we live in!
No comments:
Post a Comment