We are celebrating Landon's birthday today and he requested Fake Cheesecake for dessert. It's probably his favorite thing and he asks for it most years, which is fine with all of us! We love it, especially topped with cherry pie filling.
I discovered the Buff City Soap store at the Outlet Mall last fall and it has quickly become one of my favorite places. I have a feeling it's going to be my fall back when I don't have any ideas for gifts. Everything in that store smells so amazing!!
Taking a big sniff! This scent is Kraken, the same Ryan got for Christmas. They have a good selection for men, and I think I like this one the best.
They also have beard oil and beard balm in all the scents. I couldn't decide whether to mix up a variety of scents, so I just stuck with Kraken for all of it.
Happy 32 years to Landon! He is a super fun person to be around and I'm so glad I get to see him everyday when he drops his kids off. They have been finishing their basement and he's not afraid to learn new things and give it a try when it comes to construction. He loves their bloodhound Freya and takes her on a walk most days. He's a great son, father, and husband. We love you Landon!
Last Sunday was Valentine's Day and it was super cold and freezing, minus 9! We didn't have family dinner, it was just too cold to be out, so we are also celebrating Valentine's Day. Austin and Melissa's girls love to color and make things. Claire made a Valentine book for us and she told me she worked on it all week. Lucky us to get such a great Valentine!
It's hard to read the yellow, it says: "Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I love you both so much. First Grandma is the best because you give us lots of candy and love."
One more page that said, "Grandma Grandpa I hope you like my Valintine. I don't have much construchin papper so I made you a book." No worries Claire, this book is fabulous and I love it it so much! The best Valentine I have ever received!
Maddie also had a valentine for me! She loves to glue and use stickers.
Of course Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without thinking of Blake, who had one of the biggest hearts ever, always helping others, especially the underdog and those who needed friends.
My heart is full of love today for my family and friends. I'm glad we have this holiday so we remember to tell others how much they mean to us. It's easy to take love for granted and we don't tell others often enough how much they mean to us. Happy Day of Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment