Friday, March 20, 2020

Sleepover



We had a pretty big snowstorm yesterday and ended up with 10 inches of snow. We were expecting this storm and Landon packed some pajamas for the kids in case he couldn't make it over here to pick them up. It was a good thing because there was some wind too and that makes for tough driving, so the kids spent the night. We read a couple of bedtime books, and they were all tucked in and ready to sleep.


This is what we woke up to the next morning. Thank goodness it is spring break and Ryan did all the shoveling.


I bought this step stool a long time ago so the kids could wash their hands in the kitchen without me having to hold them while they washed. They love to sit on it and they were so cute today, I just had to take a picture.


Dagny's turn. 


Best friends, well most of the time at least.


This is what the backyard looked like. The kids were so excited to go out and play. I wondered if they would even be able to walk through it because it is so deep.


We tried to make a snowman by rolling a ball of snow. Failure. I have never been good at making snowmen that way. We tried to build a snowman by  just piling up some snow and when I went to look for some rocks for eyes, Lincoln kicked it down, so that was the end of that.


Dagny found a big icicle that was covered in snow and she wanted to take a bite. It was fresh snow that wasn't dirty, so I let her.


Sliding on the little slide and landing in a pile of snow was great fun for Lincoln


The slide on the swingset had so much snow on Dagny couldn't even make it to the bottom.


After watching Dagny, Lincoln wanted to fill the slide with snow and see how far down he could make it before stopping.


Here he comes!


There was way too much snow to jump on the trampoline, so Dagny sat down and buried her legs.


Dagny got cold and went in the house before we did. I told Lincoln he could have 10 more minutes and then we were going inside too. The next thing I knew Dagny had opened the window and was calling to us! Smarty pants! I had no idea she knew how to open the window! She looked so cute with her head sticking out the window. Fun day in the snow!
It wouldn't be Spring Break without a snow storm, I swear we get one every Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment