The spring band concerts are always full of lively music. My favorite song of this performance was"Forbidden Friendship," from "How to Train Your Dragon." I really like the chimes at the beginning.
Ryan hasn't enjoyed the band season this year, and he isn't going to be in band next year. I have mixed emotions about it. There is a feeling of pride when your teenager is on the field with the Marching Band. I love watching the performances! They look so sharp marching and playing their instruments, and I'm sure the students feel a sense of accomplishment. It is a huge time commitment and if you aren't enjoying it, that's a lot of time to be miserable. I also feel that music is one of Ryan's talents. He is going to try choir next year, so that will be a fun change and I'm glad he's still doing something musical.
No comments:
Post a Comment