Saturday, May 5, 2018

Ryan's Sophomore Swimming Year


Ryan really practiced hard this year and was a dedicated swimmer. He improved his times and did really well. The 50 free is his best event and he ended the season with a time of 27.14.


On the block and in position.


Go Ryan! He swims so smoothly through the water and I love watching him.


When the boys swim relays, Profe keeps track of their individual times and the boys like to know how they did.


Profe pushes the boys out of their comfort zones sometimes by making them swim in events that aren't their strongest strokes. Ryan and Christian Townsend are getting ready for the backstroke.


Ready to go!


None of the boys like the 500 free, and Profe just selects someone to swim this event.


It's Ryan's turn! Yikes!



It takes 6 to 7 minutes to swim this race. Ryan did a good job of pacing himself and was able to push hard the last length.


The 500 is 20 lengths of the pool, so they have someone put numbers that are mounted on a pole down in the water so the swimmer can see what how they are progressing.  Ryan is coming up on his seventh length.


Jordan puts the pole in the water and he and Gabe cheer Ryan on. Ryan's time was 6:48.14.


Some of the schools have really nice pools and


really nice scoreboards. I can't imagine a school with a pool! But I'm sure it would be fabulous! We practice at the Rec Center and have our home meets there. Ryan was in this race, but of course I couldn't remember what event it was or what lane he was in when we got home. Next time I will have to take some notes.


The DC team is so supportive of each other. A small group of boys usually stand at the end of the pool and cheer for our swimmer.


More pictures of Ryan getting ready.


I took pictures at several meets and couldn't decide which ones I liked best,


so I just used a bunch.


Team huddle at the end of a meet.
The season went by fast and Ryan was sad to see it end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment