Easter is the same weekend as General Conference this year. After the Saturday afternoon session, we colored Easter eggs. A few days ago Ryan told me that holidays aren't going to be very much fun for him since he's the only kid left at home. He's probably right, but somebody has to be the youngest. There are advantages and disadvantages to that. One advantage, he'll get lots of candy in his Easter basket since there isn't anyone else to share with!
Dagny was very excited about dying eggs. She put the egg in the cup so carefully, and immediately wanted to take it back out. I told her it had to soak so it would get dark, so then she kept saying, "It has to soak, it has to soak." She waited very patiently, stirring every so often.
LIncoln had fun too! I thought for sure he would spill, but he was actually careful and gentle.
He did love to stir, and did it continuously, but he never spilled or tipped the cup over.
A look of pure joy on that face! And I love those big blue eyes!
After we colored a bunch of eggs, I helped Dagny choose some stickers to decorate them.
Ryan's yearly ninja egg!
Kimberlea came over to join the fun. We bought some paper mache type eggs thinking they would be good for the little kids since they wouldn't break, but they wouldn't take the color. They came with little baggies of their own pre-mixed color, but it was quite messy and there wasn't very much. Kimberlea experimented with them, but in the end we decided they were a fail.
Austin and Melissa and girls came over on Sunday. Melissa had bought matching Easter dresses for the girls and they were so adorable! They wanted to take some pictures, and of course, I was happy to do that. I just love this picture! My heart is full today.
You can't really see Melissa's skirt in the pictures, but it matched the girls' dresses perfectly.
A bit of heaven on earth!
I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, so I chose three.
Little angels!
Austin is a blessed Dad! Maddie is more of a Mommy's girl, but she'll take her Dad too.
Time for the egg hunt!
Lincoln is off and running!
Dagny's basket is getting full.
Delwyn heard this idea to do a different color egg for each person, so we decided to try it. That way we could hide Claire's eggs a little bit harder and just put Lincoln's on the grass. Claire's color was green. Here is she checking out what is inside.
Dagny lined up all her eggs and then counted them.
Lincoln had just as much fun running around the yard as he did collecting eggs. He loves to go outside. He will get my hand and take me to the door several times a day begging to go out.
Time to sample the yummy treats inside the eggs. These traditions are fun! Happy Easter!
Britta sent us a church Easter video that was on the lds.org uk website. They asked people in Europe to describe some times when Christ was there for them. They held up signs that said things such as, "When I got a divorce, He was there, On my first day of school, He was there." Delwyn got the idea to make a sign that said, "When our daughter was on a mission in Sweden and we missed her, He was there." She said it made her cry. The video has a beautiful song called, "There is Peace in Christ", and I love it. This was perfect for Easter, I thought of several times in my life when Christ was there for me. This has been an extra meaningful Easter. I am thankful for the atonement and the resurrection and the hope and promise that it brings to us.



No comments:
Post a Comment