Thursday, March 15, 2018

Scouting Award for Us

Every year the Pioneer Trails District of the Boy Scouts of America has a District Dinner and Awards Recognition night. It is to honor adults who have made a difference in scouting.  I have been attending these dinners for about 10 years. I started going when I was the Stake Primary President and Delwyn and I have been going for the past 3 years as part of our Roundtable assignment.

We were quite surprised to get an email telling us that we would be getting the District Award of Merit this year! I think Gary Sanders must have nominated us. He is the guy who is in charge of Roundtable. Our job is to conduct the meeting each month. If someone wants to make an announcement, they contact us to get on the agenda. We give little treats to those who are attending for the first time and we also do a raffle for 3 little prizes. We were asked to do this for 3 years and our time will up this summer.

I feel undeserving and a little guilty because we don't always have the best attitude about it. Roundtable is in Parker and we should be there by 6:30 pm to get the flags set up and help with chairs. It is a challenge to get there that early and we have done a fair share of grumbling about it. After we get there is is usually fun and our job is easy. We don't have to teach a breakout or be in charge of anything. It's just the getting there.


We got these really nice plaques and a certificate.


I have always enjoyed being a scout leader and I have often said that if I could choose my calling, it would be Cub Scouts. And I have got what I wanted the past four years. I was the Bear leader in the Castle Rock Ward and now I am the Webelos leader in the Terrain Ward. I prefer working with the boys over doing Roundtable, which is working with adults. It was a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment