Saturday, September 23, 2017

Britta and Ryan Go Backpacking


Marc Wheeler is the Young Men's President in our ward and he also taught Britta in Seminary. He is a big hiker and backpacker. He wanted to take his oldest daughter Alivia, who is 10, on her first trip. He knew Ryan needed one more camp out for his Camping Merit Badge, so he invited Britta and Ryan to come with them.


There was no school yesterday, so they left mid-morning. Here they are at the trailhead to Lost Creek Wilderness, which is near Bailey, Colorado.




The mighty hikers! 



What a beautiful sunrise!


It's called Lost Creek because the creek appears and disappears throughout the area.


Some beautiful scenery! 


Fun!



Neat rock formations!



I absolutely love this picture! The cutest kids ever and such beautiful country! I love the changing colors.


So this water was freezing cold, but they took turns jumping into it! I can only imagine mountain stream water in late September....Burrrr.....not my thing. You are some brave people!


Ryan's turn!


We live in a beautiful place! I love Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment