After seminary we went down to the cemetery to take Blake some balloons for his birthday. It was really cold!! Eleven degrees! The forecast is calling for snow, which is fitting. The day he was born it snowed and Grandma and Grandpa Collins had to wait in Vail for several hours for the road to re-open. We had fun tying the balloons on the hook and were laughing and took some pictures. Then we decided to sing "Happy Birthday." Not a good idea. It made us cry and we were in tears all the way home.
The Coys left some flowers and a card. Not sure if they left the snowman or if someone else did. I am so touched by other people's thoughtfulness!
There are also some little Christmas decorations that I think Megan brought. Someone left a Five Guys hat some time ago.
We had decided to have dinner at Five Guys. Delwyn is working in Aurora, so he wasn't here. He has a hard time going into the restaurant now, so maybe it's a good thing he is out of town. I feel bad that I never went into Five Guys and had a burger when Blake worked there. I had stopped by a few times to switch cars or give Blake some keys, but I never ordered anything. The food is little pricey, and I am somewhat plain when in it comes to burgers, so I just never ate there. Blake brought food home quite often so I had eaten it, just not in the restaurant. It is really good food. They toast the buns and the patties are thick.
We laughed and talked and had a good time, it wasn't sad.
Not many people that worked with Blake are still here, there is a lot of turnover in the fast food industry. Lupe Hernandez, who was Blake's manager, is no longer there. The new manager came and talked to us, I'm guessing one of the other workers knew who we were. They had texted Lupe that we were in the restaurant, and she had asked the manager to text her a picture of all of us. I thought that was sweet.
Dagny had a grilled cheese sandwich.
This was my order, a bacon cheeseburger. They give free peanuts with every order.
We had planned to go the cemetery and eat Cosmic Brownies for dessert, but it was really cold and there was a little dusting of snow. Britta also has a choir concert tonight, so we just ate them at Five Guys.

At Five Guys they have a bulletin board where people can write notes and post them. There are several about Blake. They are very touching to me and I am honored they have left them up three months later.

Britta and Ryan each wrote a note and added it to the board.
Happy Birthday to my sweet, thoughtful, fun loving, joking boy! I think of you every day and love you so, so much!









No comments:
Post a Comment